Profound® Facial Treatment FAQ
Radiofrequency (RF) and Microneedling Treat Facial Wrinkles
- What is the Profound® treatment?
- What does the Profound system treat?
- How is the Profound treatment different from other treatments for wrinkles and cellulite?
- What role do collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid play in creating smooth, youthful-looking skin?
- What should I expect from a Profound treatment?
- How soon can I return to my normal daily activities after Profound treatment?
- Are there any side effects from the Profound treatment for wrinkle reduction?
- Are there any side effects from the Profound treatment for cellulite reduction?
- How many treatments would I need to see results?
- Is this treatment considered plastic surgery?
- If I’ve had cosmetic procedures done in the past, could I still be a candidate for the Profound treatment?
- I’m beginning to see early signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles. Is it too early for me to get the Profound treatment?
- What is “natural” about the Profound treatment?
The Profound® facial treatment is a nonsurgical alternative for treating facial wrinkles and the appearance of cellulite. It combines radiofrequency (RF) energy with ultrafine needles (microneedles) to renew your skin from within.1-7 Healthcare providers across the globe rely on the Profound treatment to provide lasting wrinkle and/or cellulite reduction for their patients.5,a
It delivers precise temperatures to the deep layers of your skin, exactly where energy delivery is most beneficial. This energy breaks down tissue in order to trigger your body’s natural healing process,2,3,8 stimulating your body to naturally create new elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid to revitalize the skin and build new, healthy tissue.3,6
This is the only RF injectable energy treatment that stimulates and triggers the creation of new elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid—the 3 skin fundamentals for smooth, youthful-looking skin. The Profound treatment is what helps patients get the snap back to their aging skin.
4. What role do collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid play in creating smooth, youthful-looking skin?
These 3 skin fundamentals are important in keeping our skin strong, elastic, and flexible. When their levels drop, facial wrinkles may appear.9-12
Collagen is the glue that holds our skin together. Elastin helps skin to return to its original position when it is poked or pinched. Hyaluronic acid is a gel-like liquid that improves skin hydration, stimulates the production of collagen, and helps skin to maintain its elasticity.
Prior to treatment, you will have a personalized Profound treatment consultation to determine your goals and to establish the target area for treatment. On the day of your treatment, a local anesthetic may be applied to help you manage comfort. We’ll administer treatment with the Profound system handpiece, which will deliver pulses of energy to the targeted areas.
Typically, patients can return to their normal activities within 24 hours after Profound treatment. We’ll discuss your individual care plan and recovery during your initial consultation.
After your Profound treatment for facial wrinkle reduction, you may experience minor swelling or bruising. In clinical studies, these events resolved within 5-to-10 days, depending on treatment area and anesthesia protocol.6
After your Profound treatment for improving the appearance of cellulite, you may experience some redness and soreness on the treated area. In clinical studies, these side effects were mild and resolved on their own.5,a
The Profound treatment is clinically proven to create smooth, younger-looking skin with only 1 nonsurgical treatment. In clinical studies, it was shown to reduce facial wrinkles in 100% of patients,8,a,b and 94% of treated thighs showed an improvement in cellulite appearance8,a,c after 1 treatment.
No, the Profound treatment is not plastic surgery, nor is it a facelift. It is a nonsurgical procedure that offers lasting results.
11. If I’ve had cosmetic procedures done in the past, could I still be a candidate for the Profound treatment?
Yes, the Profound treatment could help to complement your prior cosmetic surgery results.
12. I’m beginning to see early signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles. Is it too early for me to get the Profound treatment?
No, the Profound treatment is great for both the early signs of aging like fine lines and more advanced signs of aging like deep wrinkles. With the Profound treatment you can delay the signs of aging the natural way, for smooth, younger-looking skin. One Profound treatment8,a is all it takes to help you delay the signs of aging.
A single Profound treatment stimulates your body to naturally reproduce collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid to revitalize the skin and build new, healthy tissue.3,6 The Profound treatment is clinically proven to stimulate your body’s own wound-healing response to reduce the signs of aging.